by Keri LeBlanc, Marketing Director, CyberDenfenses, Inc.
Founded in 2001 by military cybersecurity veterans, CyberDefenses works closely with enterprise clients to provide battle-tested managed security services. If there is anything we’ve learned over the years, it’s that effectively protecting your organization’s critical data from increasingly capable and determined adversaries requires a combination of trained people, well-designed processes, and modern tools. That’s why CyberDefenses’ approach encompasses a full suite of services, training and advisory guidance.
In more recent times, the work of data security now extends well beyond corporate intellectual property, into the privacy demands of their customers and regulators. To strengthen regulatory compliance that spans both security and privacy, CyberDefenses has partnered with Privacy Ref. Together, CyberDefenses and Privacy Ref provide a more comprehensive suite of data privacy and security services including:
- Identification of data protection requirements
- Assessment of business operations and organization – specifically with respect to how well they meet regulatory requirements when compared to industry best practices
- Business process definition that maximizes information protection
- Application of security controls that best protect against cyber threats
- Incident response management, processes, and procedures that minimize damage and downtime
- Privacy and security team training
Our initial joint service provides guidance around the European General Data Protection Directive – a European Union (EU) law that will impact every organization offering goods and services in the EU, even if an organization has no physical presence in Europe.