Privacy Ref offers a range of privacy training and awareness options based on you and your organization’s privacy needs.
- Privacy Quick Start™ focuses on providing a basic understanding of data privacy for professionals and novices. This live online course enables you to address privacy-related challenges and reduce their impact.
- Privacy Ref’s Privacy Academy™ training is the best way to learn the fundamentals of data privacy. There are several computer-based courses to choose from that are available to accommodate your busy lifestyle.
- Privacy Pro training uses content from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), which are ideal for privacy professionals and other associates needing the tools to implement and lead or participate in a successful program.
- Need Customized privacy training and awareness? Privacy Ref tailors content to include your organization’s policies, procedures, and your company logo. Privacy Ref’s training may be instructor-led, computer-based, or a live webinar.
Privacy Quick Start™
This live online course is geared towards entry-level privacy professionals and non-privacy professionals. The goal of this course is to prepare the participant for privacy-related challenges, as well as to work better with the privacy office at their organization. While privacy presents challenges to all, this presentation will give you tools to address those challenges and reduce their impact. This training is focused on providing a basic understanding of privacy and introducing participants to key topics, including, but not limited to:
What is Privacy?
- Key definitions
- Differences between privacy and security
- What is personal information
Basics of a privacy program
- Data life cycle
- Components of a privacy program
- Privacy by Design
Data Breach Response
- What is a breach?
- Breach response
- Breach laws
- Sectoral law (U.S.)
- Comprehensive law (E.U.)
- Additional legal frameworks
Privacy Ref’s Privacy Academy™ is the best way to learn the fundamentals of data privacy. There are several computer-based courses to choose from including privacy fundamentals, regulatory overview, and data breach response. Whether your team needs a refresher, or you want to deliver company wide training for non-privacy personnel, the Privacy Academy provides an affordable and effective option to you. This introductory series will be available soon.
Privacy Pro Training
Want to get away for a little privacy…? Come join Privacy Ref for two-days of Privacy Pro training and learn critical privacy concepts while gaining essential skills to advance your career and elevate your leadership profile. View the Privacy Pro Training full schedule here.
Privacy Ref’s consultants have taught over 7,000 professionals using the world’s most highly regarded industry training content in a robust, interactive and engaging way. Our instructors are experts in the industry with real-world experience and incorporate insightful examples into the discussions.
Classes held at our office locations do not exceed six people. This optimizes interactions among participants and instructors and ensures that classes provide applicable insights for each company represented.
If a student has registered for a class, Privacy Ref GUARANTEES the class will run!
The content of the courses is integral to broadening your knowledge, educating your privacy team and put you on the path obtaining your privacy certifications . The courses are available in your choice of instructor-led, computer-based or, live webinar formats.
• U.S. Private-Sector Privacy (CIPP/US)
• European Data Protections (CIPP/E)
• Privacy Program Management (CIPM)
• Privacy in Technology (CIPT)
• Experienced instructor-led training
• Participant guide
• Voucher for the certification exam
• Sample questions to prepare for exam
• Copy of the textbook
• 1-year IAPP membership with 1st course
Customized Privacy Training
Privacy professionals spend countless hours reviewing laws and regulations to make sure the policies and procedures keep their organizations compliant. Once the research is completed, the next step is to share this information with their employees.
While the market offers several products to train your team on privacy concepts, they do not allow for tailoring the content to include your business policies and procedures. Cookie-cutter privacy training just doesn’t work.
Privacy Ref’s customized training covers all the need-to-know fundamentals plus regulatory and legal content. Then we personalize these topics to align with your organization’s policies and procedures. Depending on your organization’s needs, Privacy Ref’s training may be instructor-led, computer-based, or a live webinar.
Privacy Ref provides on-site training for organizations both large and small. We can help your current team to stay up to date on the most current policies and best practices, keeping your privacy program at its best. It is important to note that having a well-trained staff reduces the chances of breaches due to internal error drastically.
Want to find out more?
Please email email@example.com and someone from Privacy Ref will be in touch with you or call (888) 470-1528.