U.S. Private-Sector Privacy CIPP/US provides an overview of data protection laws and regulations in the U.S and an understanding of the legal requirements for the responsible transfer of sensitive personal data to/from the U.S., the EU and other jurisdictions. The U.S. Private-Sector Privacy CIPP/US program was the first professional certification ever to be offered in information privacy. The CIPP/US credential demonstrates a strong foundation in U.S. privacy laws and regulations.
The content of the U.S. Private-Sector Privacy CIPP/US courses is integral to broadening your knowledge, educating your privacy team, and put you on the path to obtaining your privacy certifications.
- Module 1: Introduction to privacy
- Module 2: Structure of U.S. law
- Module 3: General Data Protection Regulation overview
- Module 4: The California Consumer Privacy Act
- Module 5: Enforcement of U.S. privacy and security laws
- Module 6: Information management from a U.S. perspective
- Module 7: Federal versus state authority
- Module 8: Healthcare
- Module 9: Financial privacy
- Module 10: Education
- Module 11: Telecommunications and marketing
- Module 12: Law enforcement and privacy
- Module 13: National security and privacy
- Module 14: Civil litigation and privacy
- Module 15: Legal overview of workplace privacy
- Module 16: Privacy before, during and after employment
- Module 17: State data security laws
- Module 18: Data breach notification laws
The courses are available in your choice of instructor-led, computer-based, or live webinar formats.
Our classes are limited to 10 participants, and our instructor are privacy practitioners.
Bob Siegel is a subject matter expert who has trained more than 8,000 privacy professionals.
Regular price: $1,995.00
Full-day classes are 9:00 am – 4:00 pm eastern time
Half-day classes are 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm eastern time
- Two (2) full-days of training or four (4) half-days depending on the date you choose
- Participant guide
- Voucher to sit for the certification exam ($550.00 value)
- Sample questions to prepare for the exam
- A hardcopy ($75.00 value) of and an electronic version ($75.00 value) of the textbook
- A 1-year IAPP membership ($275.00 value applied to renewal for current IAPP members)